I went to KKIA TTDI today. It's located right in front of VADS building, so it wasn't hard to get there; even I was nervous at first because the unpredictable traffic jam I might get caught into.
Bertolak dari umah dlm pukul 7.30, passed the BSC, went straight to TTDI.
Sampei sia, those Unity College girls asked me to see the nurse. And I was like "Then who are u? Bukan nurse ke?"
They just smiled and passed my red book to the nurse incharge of registering. Weird girls :)
The UC girls, again called me and took my height and weight. They gave me a cup to pee into, and checked my sugar. Alhamdulillah my sugar was ok la...
Time to scan.
Went inside the scanning room and I saw Dr Shanthi waiting for me behind the desk. She told me to lie down and I climbed up onto the bed. Pulled off anything that needs to be pulled out, and tucked my pants with the blanket; just like they usually do during scanning session, except me doing it myself here....
Then, I realised I can't see any screen facing me, the only screen to see the baby was facing towards the doctor. I was dissapointed, but I knew the screen will be wheeled later, facing me; after all I am the mother I must see my baby betul sik? Hehehe.
But unfortunately, the doctor did the scanning and did not even ask me whether I want to see my baby's movements or comment something like "Eh dia tengah bye2 u la ni..." (like Dr Zuraimi Mediviron Clinic does always).
Dr Shanthi was too focused to my baby the she didn't even look at me. Sigh. I just lie there, doing nothing, with my stomach in full view to everyone's there (but luckily no one was there :) ).
"Kepala baby kat bawah, ukuran kepala tepat untuk 22minggu, uri kat atas, everything is fine with your baby".
Fuhh... Alhamdulillah agik...
"May I know the gender?" Dr Shanthi replied,"Oh kami tak bagitau tu kat sini...".
Hehe I don't know why they have that kind of rule/policy but nevermind...
I asked Dr again regarding my weight which I do not gained during my pregnancy. It was merely 0.5kg more than the last time I did my checkup at KKIA Bangsar.
She told me that it is normal for pregnant woman from 1 - 5 months to gain weight 0.5/month but when it comes to the 6months onward, it should be 0.5/week.
Oh Faidrol, wait ya, ada masa Ema jadi semakin gemuk sini :)
And that was it.
I complete my session just minutes before 8.30am. 'Twas quick, wasn't it?
Since I still have more time left (I took 1/2 AL in the morning), I took my sister with me to Hosp Putrajaya since I want to register for the FPP.
What is FPP?
Full Paying Patient. Will talk more about this tomorrow, as tomorrow I'll be meeting Dr. Hazim for first time checkup under FPP.
All in all, it was great to see my baby's doing fine, even I was a bit afraid that I'm losing my appettite to eat. Sorry baby, you can take whatever you like from my body, I can always fill up later :) Muahmuah Baby...
Here's what my baby looked like after the scanning session:
Here what my baby looks like from the first scan to yesterday's one:
9 weeks old:
Done at Mediviron P.Dalam.
One month after that:
Done at Mediviron P.Dalam too.
She was.... how many weeks dah lupak :P :
Done at Pantai Medical. Even the sonogram looked a bit exposed, but during the scan I can hear my baby's heart beat, the blue and red color of the heart alternately changing for every beat and the TV screen was big too, so everything was clear.
And...yesterday, which was 21weeks old:
Done at Mediviron at P.Dalam.
The baby can't fit into the pic anymore ya... Hehe.
And we can only see the backbone.
I am really looking forward for the next scan session!
I surfed through the internet and I found so many Western websites offering how do they predict baby's gender. I thought only we Asian believe in old wives' tales. So do they.
Common points in predicting a baby's gender should be (or any other points that I might missed out, so correct / add me if I'm wrong) :
1) Your belly shape - If it's round, then it is most probably a girl. And if it's oval in shape (and we cant see the belly bulging in front from the back), it's a boy.
2) Your eating habit - If you're eating sweets, or you eat too much, it might be a boy. If you tend not to eat anything to avoid any vomiting, then it might be a gigirl....
3) Your face - If people around you keeps complimenting your looks, be ready to buy boys' stuff. And if you look pale / not glowy, your baby might steal your sweet look cause it's a girl... Hehe.
These are one of the many points (I know, lame right to believe or even bother by old wives tales) but only Allah knows what He created best for us!
Let see if my scanning session return true result later in September :P
1) I don't know my belly shape was, until Kak Neng pointed out to me and Ijah that my belly shape can't be seen from the back. And Ijah said it was oval. Teeetttt.. Old wives tales tell otherwise!
2) My eating habit had always been undistracted, but even more undistracted from the start of me carrying a baby. For the first three months, I ate like nobody's business. I need to consume something every 1 /1.5 hours and if I don't, I'll be getting the headache. No matter what time of the day was it. And now 4 - 5 months during pregnancy, I almost settle down with an acceptable amount of rice everytime, but, still, I need to have 2 / 3 hours in between meals. Hence, the 10kg gain. :P
3) My boss did compliment me of my looks, but that was just because I just bought new face powder and blusher from Elianto :P Screw old wives' tales!
Haha. There you go. All three are teeeetttttt. Salah la kiranya...
I'm not hoping for a particular gender, as long as she/he will make me and my husband proud.
I miss my baby somersaulting!
Anyone has any other tales that we might share together?
Yeah, it's been 20 weeks. And after all these weeks, today is the real real real vomiting of nothing and saliva. Eww.
I want to post picture of my sonogram here (oh Arfa thanks for the word now the Momma knows one extra word) but I need a scanner first. I do have it at home, but LAZY.
I think the baby is moving.... But I'm not really sure how it moves. Whether it IS the baby, or maybe it's just my stomach grumbling? First timer. :P
To all other friends who are also expecting, Soul, Siti and others that I might not been updated yet, congratulations and may you'll get a geedy goofy geeky little babies. And cute and adorable. Hehe... But not girly ya, expecting boy ke apa takut girly2 plak. Hehe.
Next time I'll tell more about my first ever visit to the Gov Clinic. Was kind of loser sorang2 dia sia :( I need my hubby. Huhu.