Sunday, November 30, 2008

Linguae: Seno Gumira Ajidarma

Last night, I went out with my two friends: Eena and Khizer (sorry I forgot your blog add man). Both of them hadn't changed at all. Eena dengan sik mok makan banyak gilak. Khizer dengan ke-coolan-nya. Hanya saya yang agak menggelebah kerana jarang di expose dengan dunia luar selepas pukul 10PM. Kesiankan.

Sedang berborak2 bersama rakan2, ada satu panggilan. it was from my childhood friend: Azam. He wanted to gimme the rest of the things that I bought from him (saya beli the D80 from him): the tripod and the cable + manual + kotak + Nikon paperbag. hehe. so i told him to come over to Hartamas Square and join us.

He came, with his friend. they just went back from some party at KL Tower. Emma sik brapa dengar sidak kelakar apa sama laki sebab lagu kuat gilak sia. Emma hanya bercakap2 bersama Eena sahaja. hehe

Then, beh kurang 2AM, kamekorang pun made a move. Khizer and I dropped Eena off first, then went to my house and he dropped me kak ya. I was standing in front of the newly installed gate (serious macam gate iklan pinjaman bank! im not kidding man) and saw the small and the big gate were locked. I didnt panick. Emma berik salam to the guard. "Pakcik...pakcik". I called him. But still no soul was waken up by my voice. Empty.

Isk, geney tok, getus hatiku. sikkan duduk depan pagar sampei subuh. dahlah asrama UNIKL kosong, another two blocks are sudah lama menjadi tinggalan. But i never think mengenai makhluk-makhluk itu.

secara cool, saya called my dad. iyah, the background music when i was on the phone with him suggesting that he's still not sleeping. yeah...and he picked me up from the gate as he has the key to the popo (ini adalah padlock dalam bahasa sarawak).

My eyes were damned sleepy, but my head didnt ask me to straight away go to sleep. and so, saya membiarkan sahaja lampu tepi katil membakar tungsten nya, i turned off one light near the window and dressing table, turned off the radio which was left on when i went out just now.

I took the book "Linguae" compiled by Seno Gumira Ajidarma. Itu adalah kali pertama saya membaca satu kompilasi cerita2 pendek Indonesia. It was an accident (ataupun tidak) that one of my mom's student from Indonesia left the book in the hostel. so my mom brought it back. bagus juak, pakei ema baca.

It was a good book, even though every short story in the book was way out of normality and reality. It was a very imaginative kind of story, di mana one of the story menceritakan mengani dunia di dalam cermin, sepasang kekasih yang setiap kali kelahiran semula masih lagi bercinta even though one of them menjadi komodo, perjalanan seorang musafir yang tiada penghujung, cerita tukang lawak dibelasah hanya kerana tidak dapat membantu orang miskin di satu negeri, kelahiran seorang lelaki bersayap yang membawa tuah yang pada akhirnya dituduh membawa virus influenza, and a lot more.

Generally, I love this book.

I dont know where can we get this book in Malaysia mungkin ada sahaja di MPH, Kino or any other book stores. it looks so unattractive, just a plain cover with a woman with lingerie.

agak lama menatap buku itu, mata pun menjadi kuyu. semakin lama my mind was sending signal asking me to close my eyes. and so, i put a bookmark at where i stopped reading, put the book at my side table, turned off the light, made the tungsten mati lagi.

It didnt take long before you heard me snoring.

~Signing Off Toodeloo!~

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
design by suckmylolly.com